Meet Dr. Ashley Sara
Castlebury Dental would like to give a warm welcome to Dr. Ashley Sara! Here are a few fun facts about our newest dentist:
- Dr. Ashley Sara graduated at the top of her dental class from the University of Connecticut in 2013.
- She lives with her husband, who is a family physician with Primary Health.
- Dr. Sara loves Zumba, reading, quilting, and Alabama football.
- She has practiced dentistry in Florida and Virginia, while her husband served in the U.S. Navy.
- She graduated with highest honors and a double major in Classics and Biology at the University of Alabama for her undergraduate degree.
- Dr. Sara has a passion for new technology in dentistry.
Dr. Sara specializes in Invisalign, pediatric care, root canal therapy, and restorative dentistry. Learn more about each service below.
Invisalign is an alternative to traditional braces, straightening, and correcting your teeth without metal braces' visibility or discomfort. Invisalign consists of clear, plastic aligners that are computer-generated to fit your teeth mold and slowly, with each new set, move them to the desired position. Perfect for adults or teens alike who do not want to put their lives on hold but want the confidence of a straighter smile.
Root Canal Therapy
Root canals are the most well-known procedure in the field of endodontics, being the dentistry involved with nerves within our teeth. When a tooth becomes infected, this almost always is related to infected nerves. Once this happens, a root canal is necessary to avoid potentially serious problems, such as an abscess. Dr. Sara understands that even the mention of a root canal brings fear and anxiety, but this doesn't have to be the case! A root canal involves numbing the infected area and then drilling a hole into the tooth to remove the canal’s infection. The canal is then filled, sealed, and then likely fitted with a crown. None of this has to be painful due to anesthesia and pain medication.
Restorative dentistry involves procedures to ensure your mouth stays healthy and fully functioning by correcting missing or damaged teeth. This includes:
- Fillings— are needed when a tooth decays, such as a cavity. Dental composite resin is bonded to your tooth, where the decayed material was removed.
- Crowns— when bonding or a filling is not enough, a porcelain crown completely caps or encircles your tooth. These are solid and last 10-15 years.
- Bridge — needed when you are missing a tooth to restore your mouth’s smile and structural integrity. Your teeth on either side of a missing tooth are fitted and bonded with crowns, with an attached new tooth in between them.
Promising the highest quality care and service, Castlebury Dental provides a state-of-the-art dental facility for their Eagle and Meridian patients. Our office not only meets but surpasses standards set by OSHA and CDC. Our patients are part of our family, and we want you to feel at home in our facility. We provide general oral care, cosmetic dentistry, dental implants, Invisalign, and more. Please contact us today with any questions or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Ashley Sara, Dr. Jacob Brown, or Dr. Andrea Brown.
We look forward to speaking with you!