Many people dismiss tooth pain that they are experiencing. Just because the issue is minor doesn’t mean that it isn’t important. A little bit of discomfort now could become something much more severe down the road. If you are wondering why your teeth hurt, let’s take a look at some of the most common culprits.
- Many people are sensitive to extreme temperatures. You might experience pain when biting into something very cold like a popsicle or ice cream. Other people have difficulty with hot food or beverage. There are a number of simple ways you can improve this pain. Over-the-counter toothpastes that target sensitivity can be very beneficial.
- Sore Gums
- Gum sensitivity is usually caused by trapped food particles in the mouth. This leads to inflammation and a lot of irritation. This can also be an indication of gum disease.
- Jaw Pain
- There are conditions that can lead to jaw pain such as TMJ. There are also things you might be doing to cause the pain. Clenching your jaw because of stress is a big factor. You could potentially be grinding your teeth at night while you sleep.
- Sensitive Bite
- This is different than temperature sensitivity. If you feel like you experience pain when you bite down on a piece of food then you could be experiencing an infection, a cracked tooth or an abscessed tooth. These issues require immediate attention from a dentist.
- A toothache can be common from something like an illness or allergies. If you have tooth pain that is present for more than three to four days then you should get it checked out. There could be a cavity or infection causing the problem.
Before you start taking on expensive treatment options for your tooth pain, Call Castlebury Dental to schedule an appointment. We may be able to help you discover simple ways of easing your symptoms. We can also check to make sure there isn’t something more serious going on that may require immediate attention.